Travel incentives are phenomenal motivators for employees and ample research by the Society for Incentive Travel Excellence (SITE) has proven that they work. But incentive travel needs to be a reward. People want to go somewhere exciting, exotic and different.
You need to plan your travel incentives in destinations where people want to go. With over 68.1 million tourists recorded in 2015, it’s clear that Spain is one of those places. There are no real surprises there – it’s an incredible country with a vibrant culture, diverse cities, a mild climate, gorgeous stretches of coastlines, and extraordinary cuisine. Still not sure that Spain is the ultimate destination for travel incentives? Let’s take a more detailed look at the top five reasons why we think Spain is a travel incentive Mecca:
- The unique culture: A top reason to plan travel incentives in Spain is that it has an incredibly diverse culture – influences are seen all over from the Ancient Romans, the Moors and the Phoenicians. Each of these influences has added a piece to the cultural puzzle that makes up Spain. This incredible culture comes to life in Spain’s many festivals which occur almost year-round – an incredibly special experience for incentive participants.
- The delectable food and wine: The Spanish Mediterranean diet is said to be one of the healthiest in the world. An incredibly important part of travel incentives is ensuring that the delegates are being treated to the local cuisine and are well-satisfied. And in Spain, they will be spoilt for choice with delicious and healthy fare. Typically, dishes are made up of generous lashings of olive oil, fresh fruits, vegetables and meat complimented by flavoursome herbs and spices. There’s no doubt that incentive participants will love you for choosing Spain as the destination.
- The mild climate: Travel incentives are perfect in Spain due to the great mild, Mediterranean climate which usually results in dry and warm summers and wet winters. But, even in winter, some areas on the coast enjoy days of sunshine. The reality is that no matter what kind of incentive you would like to plan, Spain has everything – from sunny winter days to snow-capped peaks ideal for skiing, and unbelievable summers with blue flag beaches to mild temperatures in eclectic cities.
- The choice of activities: Planning your travel incentives in Spain means that your incentive participants will never be bored. There are outdoor activities that range from hiking trails to skiing, ample historical sites to be explored and incredible art to be admired. Whatever the preference of your incentive participants, they will be able to indulge in their favourite activities in Spain.
- Easy access: Spain is extremely accessible. From the UK to most major airports in the country, a flight would take approximately two hours to get there. Not only that but the transport systems are phenomenal – from buses and trains to taxis and rental cars – getting around is simple.
The destinations that you choose for your travel incentives can make or break the success of your programmes. It’s that simple, so you want to make sure you choose the right place, and really, planning incentive programmes in Spain is a no-brainer.
These points are just the tip of the iceberg. If you are looking for a more in-depth look at incentive travel in Spain, you can contact us for more information on planning travel incentives at one of our incredible Calpe hotels.