From bike storage facilities to bike rental and nightly laundry, they take care of the oh-so-boring but oh-so-necessary admin, so that you can make like a pro and focus on the majestic routes skirting the coast.
There’s a reason why pros like Russia’s World Tour Team , Katusha, select specific luxury hotels in Calpe over their winter training season. Cyclists need a comfortable, welcoming and well-equipped place to base themselves between the dizzyingly epic routes that run through Costa Blanca’s terrain. Anyone coordinating cycling expeditions should know that the delights of the region aren’t limited to the rides; the best Calpe hotels are geared for cyclists.
We consider a cyclist’s priorities when planning an awesome escape to the Costa Blanca.
Fine weather conditions
- Like birds migrating somewhere warmer for the season, serious cyclists flock to the sunnier climes of Spain’s east coast for warm rain-free riding.
- Although winter is ideal for pre-season training, weather conditions in the Costa Blanca allow for riding all year round. In the hot summer however early morning rides are best.
A place to take your body to the extreme
- With Costa Blanca’s great range of steep inclines, flat sections and laid-back drags, you’ll be sure to find routes that’ll push your body to grueling extremes between gently coasting down the slopes.
- For those looking for even greater variety in their physical training, luxury hotels in Calpe also feature world-class fitness centres.
- Calpe itself is a playground for activity, with hiking, diving, sailing, tennis, windsurfing, and wakeboarding opportunities a mere stone’s throw away.
- There’s no shortage of good spas in Calpe but the AR Diamante Beach spa is worth noting. With massages and treatments specially designed to soothe a cyclists aching muscles, it’s well-worth booking sessions for after the day’s rides.
- After a hot day on the saddle there’s nothing quite like diving into a refreshing pool before lying back with a cold beer. With hotels like AR Diamante Beach, offering no less than three outdoor swimming pools, consider your craving taken care of.
- Between rides you need to consume a good balance of food groups. You want plenty of nutritious fresh produce as well as hearty flavours and regenerating proteins. And while you’re in Spain you might as well be enjoying the Mediterranean sensations. AR hotels offer a variety of options, from feasts in the form of buffets, poolside cafes and some of the finest a la carte cuisine.
Expert advice and access to local knowledge
- Beyond wifi access, top Calpe hotels go so far as to provide access to experts to fill cyclists in on the best routes in the region. Furthermore bike maintenance and mechanical assistance can be seen to via the hotel
Comfortable resting space
- You want a top-quality bed to rest your weary bones. The AR Diamante Beach hotel rooms come complete with sea-view balconies, air-conditioning and satellite TV.
Location, location, location
- You want your base to provide access to great routes. Calpe’s central location allows for numerous epic lift-offs, whether you’re going north or south.
- Seems as though you’re on the Costa Blanca, beachside accommodation doesn’t hurt. AR Diamante is set beside Levante Beach. And the promenade that’s just a couple of minutes from the hotel bustles with bars and restaurants.
Winner of 10 nominations in the prestigious World Travel Awards AR Diamante Beach, is the obvious choice when looking for cycle-friendly Calpe accommodation. But the AR-hotel group offers myriad enticing choices. For more information about cycling in Calpe and luxury hotels on the Costa Blanca, contact AR- hotels.