If the purpose of a conference is to gather international delegates who are linked by a common goal of discussing issues, dissecting problems and finding sustainable solutions around a subject, it’s vital to ensure that the conference venue provides a fertile base for productive thought.
Conferences — whether they relate to health services, business, sports science, the environment or academia — push the weight of human knowledge further so that as a society we can learn to run better businesses, save more lives, do more to protect the planet and enhance our understanding of individuals and societies.
Perhaps you already have an appreciation for the scope of your work. But in the the mania of the mammoth task of organising a conference, it’s easy to forget what an essential role you play in selecting the right space to host these events to ensure their smooth and effective running. We look at the possibilities of hosting a conference in an inspiring destination to highlight how a stimulating space can effectively harness stimulating discussion. Placing the spotlight on the prospect of conferences in Spain, we consider how to find the perfect venue to ensure organizational success.
Conferences in Spain: A checklist of non-negotiables
- Pick an inspiring destination. Between Barcelona and the Costa Blanca, Spain has no shortage of choices, from bustling cities to beautiful laid-back beach towns that will keep delegates raving for months after the conference is done.
- Ensure that the physical conference rooms let in sufficient natural light. According to studies natural light has been shown to positively influence healthy sleeping patterns and therefore positively affect the quality of an employee’s (or in this case, delegate’s) state of mind, ability to problem-solve and think creatively.
- Ensure that the venue offers up-to-date technical facilities. There’s nothing as unprofessional as a conference blighted by constant technical issues.
- Choose a venue that has room and scope for seminars, meals and cocktail parties in a variety of interesting spaces. Post-debate cocktails on the beach is a sure-fire way to patch up any potential intellectual altercations that may have emerged in the healthy and potentially fiery discussions of the day.
- Comfortable, private and clean accommodation is bound to boost the satisfaction of delegates. Conference attendees who feel well-rested, cared for and at home are more likely to respond positively in the conference workshops and discussions.
- Your conference venue of choice should offer a range of activities for delegates to participate in outside of the conference schedule. These extras can dramatically enhance their overall experience of conferences in Spain. Ideally, a venue should cater to a range of individual interests, for instance a coastal location might offer yachting, mountain climbing, spa treatments or yoga on the beach. When searching for the finest ‘luxury hotels Costa Blanca’ you’ll find there are a wealth of facilities available to keep delegates active, stimulated and relaxed, whether they’re more interested in historical walks through the beautiful old town of Calpe, or lying back at the hotel pool sipping on a daiquiri.
- Work with professional service providers. This is key. The hotel or conference venue team you choose to work with should be welcoming, friendly, professional and, ideally, multilingual.
Of course one of the simplest ways to evaluate the quality of an establishment and level of hotel service is to look to the award-winners. AR Diamante Beach is the prestigious winner of Condé Nast Johansens’ Best for Meetings 2014. The hotel has not only been nominated for 10 World Travel Awards including this year’s Leading Family Resort in Spain but was also awarded the Best Leisure Hotel in the country by the Spanish Confederation of Tourism Journalists, Writers and Editors. If you’re looking for accolades, you’ll find a solid winner in AR Diamante Beach.
For further information about running memorable conferences in Spain that go off without a hitch, get in touch with AR-hotels. Their portfolio features some of the most luxurious and top-rated luxury hotels Costa Blanca.